SHOP for instructor-led courses online and enroll in selected classes using the shopping cart:
- SELECT “Add to Cart” for each item you wish to order.
- When you are finished shopping, click “Check Out.” You can revise your order and/or continue to check out.
- Enter your billing information, then click “Submit.”
Or use one of these options—
CALL us at 800.687.7052 or 281.397.2440.
DOWNLOAD a PDF version of our enrollment form and FAX the completed form to 281.397.2441; or MAIL the completed form to:
For more information:
Call 800.687.4132 or 281.397.2440
PETEX Houston Training Center located at:
11450 Compaq Center West Dr.
Building 9, Suite 100
Houston, Texas 77070
Tuition must be paid in full at least thirty (30) days prior to class start date. Upon receipt of full payment, PETEX sends an email confirmation, payment receipt and map. Tuition covers instruction, materials, lunch for full-day sessions, and light refreshments. Travel, meals other than lunch for full-day sessions, and accommodations are not included in tuition fees and are the responsibility of students. Price is are per participant unless otherwise noted. Tuition is subject to change without notice.
Payment may be made by credit card, check, or money order made payable to The University of Texas at Austin. For detailed payment instructions contact us at 800.687.7052 or 281.397.2440. An Enrollment Form can be accessed above, and you can supply credit card information using our secure online system or fax your enrollment form to 281.397.2441. Personal checks or cash are not accepted. Tuition paid by wire transfer will be invoiced an additional $50 bank processing fee. All checks and wire transfers must be in U.S. dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank. All international customers are responsible for their own custom fees, duties, and taxes. Customers must pay any and all bank-handling charges.
A full-tuition refund for a cancellation can be obtained thirty (30) days prior to the first class date of a course. There is a 50-percent penalty for cancelling after the full-tuition refund deadline prior to the first class date of a course. There is no refund for cancellations made ten (10) days or less prior to the first class date of a course.
You may transfer enrollment if you request the transfer at least seven (7) days prior to class start date. If the transfer is made less than seven (7) days prior to class start date, the company requesting the transfer must find a replacement from the company or forfeit all tuition. If the client is transferring to a course that falls in the next year, then the company/client will be responsible for any and all increase in tuition fees. If a client has been transferred once by PETEX and does not attend the course for whatever reason, then the client forfeits all tuition, enrollment is not transferable to another person in the company, and the client cannot request an additional transfer to another course.
Upon satisfactory completion of a course, you will receive a Completion Certificate from The University of Texas at Austin-PETEX. Note: courses are not for academic credit and are not part of a college degree program.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from The University of Texas at Austin may be awarded. CEUs are standardized units of nonacademic credit that are nationally recognized. Certain licensing agencies and many employers acknowledge CEUs as a way to record professional training.
The following licensing agencies have approved PETEX courses for professional development credits for their Texas members:
- The American Association of Petroleum Landmen grants credits for Petroleum Fundamentals, Elementary Drilling, The Rig School-Introduction to Offshore Operations, and Pipeline Technology courses.
- The Texas Department of Public Accountancy awards CPEs for The Rig School-Introduction to Offshore Operations, Petroleum Fundamentals, and Elementary Drilling. No prerequisites are required on any of these courses.
- The Texas Department of Insurance awards CEs for The Rig School-Introduction to Offshore Operations and Petroleum Fundamentals courses. To be awarded CEs, there is an added $25 administration fee to be paid at the time of enrollment.
- The Texas State Bar grants 2.75 hours of MCLEs for The Rig School-Introduction to Offshore Operations course.
The number of hours awarded for the successful completion of a course is listed in each course description. If you are a member of a professional organization from a state other than Texas or in a foreign country, your organization might award professional credits based on these Texas approvals. For more information, contact us.
Texas Professional Engineers (P.E.) Continuing Educational Requirements All Texas Professional Engineers (P.E.) are required to have proof of 15 hours of continuing education activity for annual license renewal. The Texas Board of Professional Engineers (TBPE) does not require official documentation upon license renewal but does maintain the final authority to audit and review licensee’s renewal information. However, the TBPE requests that licensees keep records documenting their continuing education activities for three years.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs): Upon successful completion of a PETEX course, you will earn a specified number of CEUs, credit customarily used for continuing education courses. To meet the minimum annual continuing education activity requirement, Texas P.E.s need to earn 1.5 CEUs, including one hour (or 0.1 CEU) of professional ethics training.
- Documention: PETEX provides a Completion Certificate detailing the course title, dates attended, and amount of CEUs earned. If further documentation is required, PETEX can assist you.
All online learning, publication materials, and video content distributed by Petroleum Extension (PETEX™) are copyrighted by The University of Texas at Austin. Reproduction, alteration,redistribution, or translation of any content without the written consent of PETEX is strictly prohibited.
Contact the PETEX Houston Training Center - Houston.
PETEX Houston Training Center
4702 North Sam Houston Parkway West, Suite 800
Houston, TX 77086
Phone: 281.397.2440 or 800.687.7052
Web site: petex.utexas.edu