Covers basic rotary drilling practices and rotary rig components. Reviews well planning, rig systems, directional drilling, well control, fishing, and well completion. Participants receive handouts.
Length: 4.5 days
- Introduction to petroleum
- Well planning
- Types of drilling rigs
- Power, hoisting, rotating, and circulating systems
- Blowout preventer system
- Drilling operations
- Well completions
- Deepwater drilling
- Rig safety
- Entry-level personnel in the drilling industry
- Those not directly involved in drilling but who need to know basic drilling principles and nomenclature
Included with Course:
- Catered lunch daily; beverages and snacks provided
- Industry field trip
- Course materials including instructor presentations
- Provided book:A Primer of Oilwell Drilling, 7th Edition
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out enrollment forms (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find enrollment forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
New dates will be available soon. Please contact us for more information.