3.3 CEUs, 35 CPEs for TX Accountants (no prerequisites required), 24 CEs for TDI Licensees, 27 CEs for TX Landmen
Covers the basics of petroleum, starting with industry terminology, geology, exploration, and leasing. Reviews drilling, production, transportation, equipment usage, and operating procedures upstream, midstream, and downstream. Addresses safety, economics and regulatory concerns.
Length: 4.5 days
- Petroleum geology and exploration
- Aspects of leasing
- Drilling rig components and personnel
- Routine and non-routine drilling operations
- Well control
- Production operations
- Petroleum transportation offshore and onshore
- Refining and processing
- Macroeconomic outlook of the upstream oil and gas business
- New employees
- Insurance, finance, accounting, and administrative personnel
- Anyone who needs a fundamental overview of the petroleum industry.
Recommended Book: A Dictionary for the Oil and Gas Industry, 2nd Edition
Included with Course:
- Catered lunch daily; beverages and snacks provided
- Industry field trip
- Course materials including instructor presentations
- Provided book: Fundamentals of Petroleum, 5th Edition
Download a brochure for our Introductory Petroleum Courses (PDF–872 KB).
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out enrollment forms (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find enrollment forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
|June 17-21, 2019||Houston||$2,695|
|November 11-15, 2019||Houston||$2,695|