Advanced Petroleum Measurement (third of three levels)
Builds on previous two courses and 2 to 5 years of field experience in measurement. Introduces additional trouble-shooting, problem-solving skills, and system performance analysis. Covers advanced techniques in loss control analysis, dynamic metering systems, and knowledge of various methods for calibrating both meter provers and aboveground storage tanks. Addresses needs for advanced EFMs and ATG systems. Uses API MPMS and the ASTM Test Methods.
Length: 4.5 days
- Expands in more depth on each of the topics in Fundamentals of and Intermediate Petroleum Measurement
- Properties of petroleum—Physical properties, S&W analytical testing, crude oil assays, multiple analysis, and analytical quality tests for refined products
- Static Measurement—ATG by radar, servo gauge, hybrid system, HTG, and mass systems; tank calibration by MTSM, ORLM, OTM, EODR, and TSRLM
- Dynamic measurement systems: troubleshooting, meter prover design and performance issues; calibration of meter provers, metering systems for marine terminals and load racks; automatic sampling systems, performance verification
- Oil loss analysis in three-region scenarios; use of control charts and other performance tools; system trouble-shooting techniques
- Introduction to mass measurement
- Personnel with 2 to 5 years of experience in pipeline, refining, and production measurement operations. Provides training for those participating in prover and sampling system calibrations and certifications.
- Those seeking to enhance knowledge of measurement performance and audit techniques.
Included with Course:
- Catered lunch daily; beverages and snacks provided
- Course materials including instructor presentations
- Field exercises and demonstrations
- Publication:Primer of Oil and Gas Measurement
Download a brochure for our Liquid Petroleum Measurement Courses (PDF–1 MB).
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out enrollment forms (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find enrollment forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
|August 5-9, 2019||Houston||$2,385|
|October 7-11, 2019||Houston||$2,385|