Plant Processing of Natural Gas—Emphasis on Operations
This course may assist in meeting requirements for DOT Operator Certification.
Covers natural gas process plant operations to achieve marketable products that meet desired product specifications. Emphasis on offering plant-operating personnel an improved understanding of process techniques and equipment for optimum economical operating performance.
Length: 4 days
- Fundamentals of natural gas and gas behavior
- Plant components
- Feed gas receiving and condensate stabilization
- Dew-point control and refrigeration systems
- Hydrocarbon gas treating, sulfur recovery, and Claus off-gas treating
- Dehydration and mercury removal
- NGL recovery—lean-oil absorption and cryogenic
- Fractionation and liquid treating
- Nitrogen rejection unit (NRU)
- Plant considerations—economics, allocations, operating limits and safety
- Instruments and controls
- Maintenance and operations foremen and superintendents
- Plant engineering technicians
- Plant operators
- Process control technicians
- New plant engineers
Included with Course:
- Catered lunch daily; beverages and snacks provided
- Course materials including instructor presentations
- Publication: Plant Processing of Natural Gas, 2nd edition
Download a brochure for our Natural Gas Processing Courses (PDF–772 KB).
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out enrollment forms (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find enrollment forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
This course is scheduled upon request