Intermediate Petroleum Measurement (second of three levels)
Builds on Fundamentals of Petroleum Measurement along with 1 to 3 years of field experience in measurement. Introduces some basic trouble-shooting techniques on both static tank measurement and dynamic measurement of quality and quantity of petroleum including refined products. Provides more information on the design and operation of various meter, prover, and automatic sampling system designs and the use of flow computers. Uses API MPMS and the ASTM Test Methods as basis for instruction.
Length: 4.5 days
- Expands in more depth on topics in first level (Fundamentals)
- Properties of petroleum–Chemical Composition, test methods, and impact on petroleum measurement
- Static measurement–Tank calibration (ORLM and TSRLM methods); liquid level innage and ullage (manual and automatic); cone and floating roof tanks; static sampling; calculation of tank measured quantities; and tank measurement error sources.
- Dynamic measurement–Theory, selection, design, operations, performance, and application of different types of meters and provers and samplers; calculation of meter factors multigrade and measurement tickets; proving Coriolis in mass or volume mode; introduction to meter performance and control charts.
- Oil loss analysis in two-region scenarios.
- Personnel with 1 to 3 years of experience in the oil and gas business, especially pipeline, refining and production operations
- Measurement operators, technicians, and engineers who actively participate in liquid volume measurement operations and need to expand or enhance their operating knowledge of measurement performance
- Those who witness or audit measurement techniques
Included with Course:
- Catered lunch daily; beverages and snacks provided
- Course materials including instructor presentations
- Field exercises and demonstrations
- Publication:Primer of Oil and Gas Measurement
Download a brochure for our Liquid Petroleum Measurement Courses (PDF–1 MB).
Please note: To register multiple individuals for a single class or register for a class by filling out enrollment forms (without using the shopping cart), please click here. On this webpage link, you will find enrollment forms, information on how to register for a class using forms, contact information, maps and directions, professional credits, refunds and cancellations.
|July 29-August 2, 2019||Houston||$2,385|
|September 30-October 4, 2019||Houston||$2,385|