Fishing can be divided into two broad categories: open-hole and cased-hole fishing. Open-hole fishing is done as the well is being drilled while cased-hole fishing is performed during production or well workover. Fishing techniques and types of equipment used vary between the two. This module will provide you with an overview of what is fishing, who performs the fishing job, some open-hole fishing causes, tools, techniques and ways to handle fishing jobs such as twist-offs, pipe stuck in keyseat and wall stuck pipe.
- Lesson 1—Introduction to Fishing
- Lesson 2—Causes of Fishing Jobs
- Lesson 3—Fishing Tools
- Lesson 3—Video
- Lesson 4—Fishing Jobs
In order to successfully complete this module you will be required to:
- Go through all the lessons in the module.
- Complete the practice items.
- Complete the module quiz with a passing grade of 70%. You will have 2 chances to complete the quiz.
At the end, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. It should take you approximately 45-60 minutes to complete this module.
For multiple licenses or to use the material in training, please contact us at 800.687.4132 or 512.471.5940 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.