Formation evaluation is the analysis of subsurface formation characteristics, such as lithology, porosity, permeability, and saturation by methods such as wireline well logging and core analysis.
In this module you will learn:
- What formation evaluation is
- Formation evaluation techniques:
- Mud logging
- Wireline logging
- Drill stem testing
- Measurement-while-drilling and logging-while-drilling
- Advantages and disadvantages of various methods
- Lesson 1—Formation Evaluation Overview
- Lesson 2—Mud Logging
- Lesson 3—Wireline Logging
- Lesson 4—Coring
- Lesson 5—Drill Stem Testing
- Lesson 6—Measurement while Drilling and Logging while Drilling
In order to successfully complete this module you will be required to:
- Go through all the lessons in the module.
- Complete the practice items.
- Complete the module quiz with a passing grade of 70%. You will have 2 chances to complete the quiz.
At the end, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. It should take you approximately 45-60 minutes to complete this module.
For multiple licenses or to use the material in training, please contact us at 800.687.4132 or 512.471.5940 or by sending an email to email@example.com.