Exploring for petroleum was once a matter of good luck and guess work; now petroleum explorationists use many technical and scientific principles to guide them.
- Methods of geologic data collection
- Types of geologic maps and cross sections
- Application of geologic maps and cross sections
- How seismic works
- Seismic land exploration tools and methods
- Marine seismic exploration tools and methods
- Transition zone exploration tools and methods
- How seismic data is processed and the difference between the processing methods
- Lesson 1—Petroleum Exploration Overview
- Lesson 2—Seismic Exploration
In order to successfully complete this module you will be required to:
- Go through all the lessons in the module.
- Complete the practice items.
- Complete the module quiz with a passing grade of 70%. You will have 2 chances to complete the quiz.
At the end, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. It should take you approximately 45-60 minutes to complete this module.
For multiple licenses or to use the material in training, please contact us at 800.687.4132 or 512.471.5940 or by sending an email to email@example.com.