Transporting Petroleum, Petroleum Derivatives, and Natural Gas
Transporting and distributing petroleum products and natural gas from oilfields to refining and processing plants requires a complex transportation system.
In this module you will learn:
- The chain of petroleum distribution
- Some characteristics of the U.S. petroleum market that influence oil transportation
- The types of pipelines and their purposes
- How petroleum is transported within a pipeline
- What is batching, compatible interface, and transmix
- The ways pipelines are regulated
- Lesson 1—Petroleum Transportation Overview
- Lesson 2—Modes of Transportation
- Lesson 3—Pipelines
In order to successfully complete this module you will be required to:
- Go through all the lessons in the module.
- Complete the practice items.
- Complete the module quiz with a passing grade of 70%. You will have 2 chances to complete the quiz.
At the end, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. It should take you approximately 60-90 minutes to complete this module.
For multiple licenses or to use the material in training, please contact us at 800.687.4132 or 512.471.5940 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.