Onshore Oil and Gas Leasing
Finding petroleum is not the only requisite to production. Before an oil company can develop a reservoir, it must obtain the legal rights for such exploitation.
In this module you will learn:
- Types of ownership possible for land and the minerals underground.
- Entities that can own land and mineral rights in the USA and their rights.
- Common leasing terminology, concepts, terms and provisions.
- Common forms of cooperation that oil companies engage in when exploring the same petroleum reservoir
- Lesson 1-Surface and Mineral Ownership
- Lesson 2-The Oil and Gas Lease
- Lesson 3-Partnerships and Joint Operating Agreements
In order to successfully complete this module you will be required to:
- Go through all the lessons in the module.
- Complete the practice items.
- Complete the module quiz with a passing grade of 70%. You will have 2 chances to complete the quiz.
At the end, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. It should take you approximately 45-60 minutes to complete this module.
For multiple licenses or to use the Introduction to Petroleum e-learning module in training, please contact us at 800.687.4132 or 512.471.5940 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.