Some reservoir rocks have few or small pathways to allow oil to flow into the well. For these types of formations, it is often possible to improve the pathways by applying one or more stimulation techniques.
In this module you will learn:
- The factors that affect well production
- What well stimulation is, and why well stimulation methods are used
- Types of well stimulation methods commonly used:
- Matrix acidizing
- Hydraulic fracturing (acid and propped)
- How different well stimulation methods work
- Safety concerns related to well stimulation methods
- Hydraulic fracturing equipment
- Lesson 1—Well Stimulation Overview
- Lesson 2—Well Stimulation Methods
In order to successfully complete this module you will be required to:
- Go through all the lessons in the module.
- Complete the practice items.
- Complete the module quiz with a passing grade of 70%. You will have 2 chances to complete the quiz.
At the end, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. It should take you approximately 60-90 minutes to complete this module.
For multiple licenses or to use the material in training, please contact us at 800.687.4132 or 512.471.5940 or by sending an email to email@example.com.